OWNERSHIP OF MATERIALS TS + CS
- Copyright, creative and intellectual property (CCIP*) is retained by JPDesign on all design work including copy/words, pictures, ideas, visuals, mood-boards and rough illustrations unless specifically released in writing.
- If a selection of designs is presented to a client and one is chosen for the project, only that option is deemed to be given by JPDesign as fulfilling the agreement i.e. item is fully paid for. The other un-used designs will remain as copyright and intellectual property of JPDesign.
- If a client has received any CCIP materials from JPDesign BEFORE receiving a quotation or paying the non-refundable deposit [eg a moodboard for visual direction] and does not want to proceed with the project, but is now in ownership of CCIP materials – the client will be invoiced a CANCELLATION FEE of: Rate per hour worked on item/s up until notice.
- *Copyright, creative and intellectual property (CCIP*) include: mood boards/mock-ups/examples/rough drafts/design ideas/rough sketches/visual direction/in-person or text creative consultation.
- The hourly Design Fee is currently charged at R420.00 per hour. This is below industry standard as defined by SAFREA.
- Varying design fees will be included in quotations based on an estimate of time required to complete design.
- If a quote for design work is accepted (verbally or via electronic text) a non-refundable 50% deposit is required for design work to commence.
- The remaining 50% of the project quotation total will be due upon completion of the work prior to the sharing/release/courier of materials with client .
- Any ADDITIONAL work required outside of the initial quote and visual brief will be charged for at standard hourly rate.
- Additional work includes any changes to initial design that exceed 60 minutes
Design / Production work required over weekends: Friday 17:00- through to Sunday 00:00, will be charged for as per the hourly rate.
Design work exceeding 3 hours (alone, or alongside production) required for a deadline within:
- 10-14 days of first contact will require a Rush Fee Surcharge of R 1 300.00
- 7-9 days of first contact will require a Rush Fee Surcharge of R 1 700.00
- 3-6 days of first contact will require a Rush Fee Surcharge of R 2 200.00
Please see TsCs for CAPACITY
- JPDesign has the right to accept and prioritize clients and projects according to available capacity IN CONJUNCTION with clients written confirmation and/deposit.
- If a client requests deliverables from JPDesign, the ability to proceed with the project and deliverables, within the confirmed time frame and deadline will be communicated.
- JPDesign will accept/decline urgent project based on the initial scope of work required.
- if the project is required within 5-14 days, a surcharge will be required as well as possibility of weekend work.
JPDesign has the right to:
- Charge additional/s fees if the deliverables increase leading up to the deadline
- Decline requested additional deliverables if work and time capacity does not allow for it
- Decline requested additional deliverables if there is any form of bullying/manipulation/capacity overload
JPDesign will prioritize projects according to:
- Written confirmation and 50 % deposit
- First Confirmed First Served basis
- Currently running paid-for projects
- Projects confirmed in advance 90 day to 6 months *please see Rush Order Surcharges
Anyone outside of JPDesign does not have the authority to decide on HOW MUCH capacity is/isn’t available or WHEN capacity is/isn’t available.
JPDesign will not tolerate any form of manipulation, bullying, or forced direction of work capacity – and has the right to cease proceeding with work should this be experienced.
CONTENT and COPY + PRINTING and MANUFACTURING
- All content/wording is to be supplied by client and must be spelling and grammar checked.
- Printing and manufacturing costs will be stipulated in the quote per project. If a quote is accepted (verbally, via electronic text) a non-refundable 50% deposit is required for the project to commence. The remaining 50% of the project quotation total will be due upon completion of the work prior to the sharing/release/courier of materials with client.
JPDesign will not be responsible for :
- Errors picked up after printing/manufacture as design drafts + final versions would have been made visible to client prior for thorough checks.
- Printing/Manufacturing costs associated with client changes/corrections to items once final design + printing/manufacturing has been completed. The client will be charged for the additional printing/manufacturing accordingly.
Across BOTH design and printing/manufacturing, the client agrees that a separate charge will be added to existing invoice/balance payable if:
- New Designs are required over and above the agreed scope of work/design/production, OR
- Requested Changes to existing design exceeds 60 mins
CANCELLATION (FEES) OF WORK
- If the project has been accepted or 50% non-refundable deposit has been paid and DESIGN WORK HAS commenced but client does not want to proceed with the project, the client will be invoiced a CANCELLATION FEE of: 50% of the balance otherwise payable to be paid within the following 30 days.
- If the project has been accepted or 50% non-refundable deposit has been paid and DESIGN WORK HAS NOT commenced but client does not want to proceed with the project, the client will not be liable for a cancellation fee. The 50% deposit paid will not be refunded.
- There will be no cancellation of work once the design has been submitted to external suppliers for printing or manufacturing OR materials and finishes have been ordered. If printing/manufacturing has commenced, the client will still be invoiced for the outstanding amount.